- Corporate Bankruptcy / Creditor Representation
- Corporate Litigation
- Corporate Bankruptcy
- Preference and Fraudulent Transfer Defense
Reed represents debtors, creditors, trustees and committees in all stages of reorganization and liquidation proceedings, serving both the transactional and litigation sides of business bankruptcy. Reed guides his clients through all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court workouts, routinely prosecuting and defending actions involving director and officer liability, fraud and impermissible transfers of assets.
Reed has extensive experience in Chicago and across the country, representing his clients with a value-added approach. Whether it be bankruptcy, or a restructuring alternative, he has the knowledge to represent clients in distressed deals wherever they arise. Reed also serves on the panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the Northern District of Illinois. In that role, Reed serves as a fiduciary responsible for the preservation, liquidation, and distribution of assets in both consumer and commercial Chapter 7 cases.
In 2016, Reed was one of forty candidates selected to participate in the Next Generation Program of the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges. He was also selected by his peers as a “Super Lawyer” in 2021 in the Illinois Super Lawyers Publication, and a “Rising Star” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020.
Prior to forming Hiltz Zanzig & Heiligman LLC, Reed worked at FrankGecker LLP, a Chicago bankruptcy boutique with a national practice, for more than a decade and served as a law clerk to Justice Terrence O’Donnell of the Ohio Supreme Court. Reed also serves as an Adjunct Professor at UIC John Marshall Law School.
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Law Review: The John Marshall Law Review, Managing Editor
- University of Oregon
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Chicago Bar Association
- Native Hawaiian Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers Publication, 2016 - 2018, 2020
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, UIC John Marshall Law School
- FrankGecker LLP
- Justice Terrence O’Donnell of the Ohio Supreme Court, Law Clerk